Laminated glass is a type of Safety Glass that holds together when shattered. Laminated Safety Glass is a multifunctional glazing material that can be used in a variety of applications.
Laminated Safety Glass is normally used when there is a possibility of human impact or where the glass could fall if shattered.
Laminated Safety Glass is manufactured by permanently bonding two or more lites of glass with layers of PVB interlayer, under heat and pressure, to create a single construction. In the event of breaking, it is held in place by an interlayer
- Security Burglars usually enter the house or car by breaking the windows to reach out for the door and window handles. This type of glass can keep them from forcing their entry. In case this is broken by accident, it still has an interlayer to give protection. It can be made of multiple layers of thick glass and interlayer, to let it withstand bomb blasts and bullets.
- Sound reductionNoise can easily enter a house or building through the windows. This glass has the ability to prevent unwanted noise with its sound reduction index, which is higher than that of monolithic glass that has the same thickness.
- Control of solar energy While skylights and the like provide natural light, they can cause glare and too much heat, which can increase air conditioning costs. A tinted laminated glass provides the best solution.
- Control of UV rays UV rays cause the fading of furnishings. The interlayer of this glass has UV absorbing properties to screen out these damaging rays.
- Weather/Natural Disasters This type of glass can be specially designed to stay intact in its frame under impact of natural disasters, protecting people with its reduced flying glass feature.
- DurabilityThis durable glass, always, maintain its strength and color. Also, it can be cleaned just like ordinary glass.
- Custom Design This can be manufactured according to your preference and needs.
- Simple installation It is easy to install and be cut to size. It can, also, be notched or drilled.
- Low visible distortion Since it is glazed in annealed form, it prevents distortion brought about by roller waves in tempered glass.