Float Glass is a versatile glass predominantly used in single and double pane windows and doors. It is made by flowing, soft glass being poured onto a bed on molten tin. This method gives the sheet uniform thickness and very flat surfaces.
Float glass can be cut, machined, drilled, edged and polished.
Float glass is a clear, distortion-free glass that can be produced in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses to suit any glass application. NYC Glass & Mirrors UltraClear / Low iron float glass increases light transmission and colour neutrality while reducing the greenish tint of standard glass.
Advantages of Clear Float Glass
- Smooth and flat surface, and good vision.
- Flexible size specifications to minimize cutting loss.
- Energy saving through good heat absorption which reduces the transmission of solar heat radiation.
- High value creation by color variety of building’s exterior appearance.
- Excellent optical performance
- Stable chemical properties
- Resistant to acid, alkaline and corrosion
- Substrata for each level of glass processing